BALANCE, FIND YOUR VOICE, TAKE A STEP
Abraham Maslow said, "The story of the human race is the story of men and women selling themselves short."
I hope you're aware: You have already accomplished something which frightens others. You had courage to help yourself or someone else find a therapist. Many who could benefit from counseling don't take the step you have taken. That's the most important part! Therapy can seem scary. Why? Perhaps, some don't want to start digging and find some cursed mummies. Progress can be intimidating, I understand. Isn't it true, though? Finally engaging in something that worries you is never as bad as you think! You don't have to go it alone. You are one step closer to being the person you wish to be and more. Keep going.
Are we a good fit? Decide for yourself. Here's the FUTURES approach:
- You are a valuable person. It doesn't matter what anyone else says.
- Balance is more important than happiness (whatever that means!). You'll find that happiness and love are side-effects of treating yourself well.
- Finding peace within yourself and the world around you takes courage and acceptance. Your therapist is another human and professional teammate who will help you find these things.
- Healing is vital. Wellness is necessary.
- Mummies don't scare us. With research-based solutions, as well as methods I have found to work above others, we will strive for your peace of mind and vision for your bright future.
A brief note to future clients
My hope for you is to have someone available who will not judge anything you have to say. My hope for you is health and hardiness in the face of adversity. My hope for you is the alleviation of emotional hurt, as the brain can sometimes not distinguish it from physical pain. I want you to be the best version of yourself. Why not? If we get there, great. If we don't, that's okay, too. There's a strong chance you will be more confident and better able to handle the scenarios we address. Through practicing these techniques, you may, one day, become your own automatic therapist. Until then, I am here for you.